RostrumLegal is an online initiative to make professional legal education affordable and accessible to millions of people around the world. RostrumLegal is a Microsoft Bizspark Startup and it is also recognized as a startup by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India.
Our internship programme aims to provide a first-hand experience of working a legal education startup in a fast-paced dynamic and challenging environment. An intern selected for this programme will be involved in working with a team of highly motivated individuals. The nature of work areas at RostrumLegal ranges from legal research, legal technology to pro bono legal services.
All Legal Interns are required to:
1. Demonstrate a commitment to high-quality service delivery, including timely and efficient response times.
2. Display a willingness to learn and adapt to processes, developing a keen sense of professional judgment.
3. Develop and maintain effective and positive working relationships both within the team and with key stakeholders.
Location: Online Research Internship (you can work from anywhere)
RostrumLegal Internship Programme is a non-flexible 4-week work placement at RostrumLegal’s Bangalore Office. The applications are invited for following slots.
Slot 1: 14 May 2018 to 08 June 2018
Slot 2: 11 June 2018 to 06 July 2018
Slot 3: 10 December 2018 to 04 January 2018
Slot 4: 07 January 2019 to 02 February 2019 (Apply by 25/December/2018)
An applicant can only apply for one internship slot at a time.
Five (5) seats are available for Slot 4.
1. A Law Student currently enrolled between 2nd to 5th Year of a 5 Year Law Course OR A Law Student currently enrolled in 2nd or 3rd Year of a 3 Year Law Course.
2. Law graduates currently pursuing a full-time Master of Laws Course.
Priority will be given to students enrolled in any course at RostrumLegal and have scored more than 80% marks in the course completion test.
1. Excellent Academic and Research Background.
2. High level of verbal and interpersonal skills including a proven ability to edit, proofread and write clearly and accurately.
3. Good IT skills and competencies, with a passion for technology and the ways it can be creatively used in the legal system.
4. Hands on experience in using various legal research and reference software (Westlaw, LexisNexis, Zotero etc.).
5. An ability to learn independently.
6. Initiative to manage workload, meet deadlines, problem solve in a mature manner, and escalate as appropriate.
An applicant will be evaluated by our team through following methods:
1. CV and Writing Sample Review
2. Telephonic Interview
3. Skype Interview
Note: An applicant who has scored more than 80% marks in any online certificate course at RostrumLegal will be directly eligible for a skype interview. However, all the applicants are required to submit the complete application form.
Performance based with minimum assurance of INR 5000/-
1. Curriculum Vitae,
2. A Legal Writing Sample
An application can be made online by filling up the internship application form given below. The selected applicants will be informed about the further process of the application via email within 10 business days.
Any application not received via the prescribed channel will not be entertained. We do not encourage telephone calls and emails enquiring about the status of the application.
[contact-form-7 id=”25373″ title=”RostrumLegal Internship Programme”]